Global warming and fossil fuel depletion increasingly place the development of sustainable energy systems at the top of political agendas around the world. Major investments in new energy technologies and systems to improve energy efficiency and reduce greenhouse gas emissions will continue to grow the coming decades.
To meet this challenge this master’s programme,Sustainable Energy Systems at the Chalmers University of Technology, provides a state of the art education lectured by world-leading researchers and industry professionals in combination with access to unique research facilities.
By acquiring deep technical knowledge in the main energy technologies and by understanding how they interact with economics and energy policies, our graduates become experts in identifying sustainable solutions to complex problems in the energy field.
Examples of general career opportunities include the process and utility industry, energy and consulting companies, energy equipment manufacturers, larger municipalities, government agencies and research institutes.
- Nanotechnology for Sustainable Energy
- Environmental Policy Instruments
- Life Cycle Assessment
- Sustainable Aspects of Logistics
- Sustainable Power Production and Transportation
- Waste management
- Power Market Management
- Technical Change and the Environment
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnergy & Power Engineering Sustainable Energy View 32 other Masters in Energy & Power Engineering in Sweden
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor´s degree (or the equivalent) with a Major in Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Energy Engineering, Automation and Mechatronics Engineering, Engineering Mathematics or PhysicsPrerequisites: Mathematics (at least 30 credits) (including Linear algebra, Numerical analysis, Mathematical statistics and Multivariable analysis), Thermodynamics, Heat transfer or Thermal engineering, Fluid dynamics and Basic Environmental science.
- Prerequisites: Mathematics (at least 30 cr. including Linear Algebra, Numerical Analysis, Mathematical Statistics and Multivariable Analysis), Thermodynamics (at least 5 cr.), Heat Transfer, Fluid Dynamics
International13205 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13205 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
- 140 000 SEK
Living costs for Göteborg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.