In addition to management, communication, team work and research skills, you will attain the following learning outcomes from the Airport Planning and Management programme from Cranfield University:
- A systematic understanding of relevant international and national regulations and the ability to explain their effects on airport business, planning, design, operations and safety management decisions
- A critical awareness of the key issues that affect users of airport facilities (e.g. airlines and retailers) and the ability to explain the impact of their commercial pressures, strategic decisions and priorities on airport business, planning, design, operations and safety management decisions
- How to identify, analyse and design solutions in order to address a given research problem within the context of airport planning and management, having regard to regulatory constraints and commercial and environmental imperatives
- Undertake and successfully complete a substantial programme of independent research, applying robust methods of data collection and analysis, and communicating the findings coherently.
Working in an airport environment offers varied and exciting career possibilities. Graduates should be able to pursue a career working for an airport authority in business development, operations, design and planning or with one of the many planning and management consultancies that advise airports across the world.
Our passion for the areas of expertise we operate in, and our hands-on relationship with industry are unparalleled. This is recognised globally by potential employers and we have a proven record of graduate employment across airports, consultancies and associated industries.
Previous graduates have secured employment with a range of companies including:
- Jacobs Consultancy
- Mott MacDonald
- Korean Airports Corporation
- Malaysian Airports
More informationVisit official programme website
- Introduction to the Air Transport Industry
- Regulatory Policy and Air Law
- Research Methods and Statistics
- Air Transport Market Analysis and Forecasting
- Airport Strategic Planning
- Airport Environmental Planning
- Airport Operations
- Airport Design
Cranfield's Centre for Air Transport Management combines a wealth of practical expertise with extensive research, consultancy and teaching experience in one centre of excellence. We have been providing postgraduate education for almost sixty years. You can be sure that your qualification will be valued and respected by employers throughout the world.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Although there are no set application deadlines, we recommend that you apply as early as possible to secure your place.
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction Aerospace Engineering Management, Organisation & Leadership View 265 other Masters in Civil Engineering & Construction in United Kingdom
A first or upper second class UK honours degree with at least a 2.1. (or non-UK equivalent) in any discipline. A recognised professional qualification plus a number of years’ relevant working experience may be accepted as an equivalent.
Applicants who do not fulfil the standard entry requirements can apply for the Pre-Masters programme, successful completion of which will qualify them for entry to this course for a second year of study.
International21500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 21500 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA10500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10500 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
- ISTAT Foundation Scholarships
- GREAT China Scholarship
- GREAT Thailand Scholarship
- Masters Loan from Student Finance England
- Santander Scholarship
- Commonwealth Scholarships for Developing Countries
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.