This MSc Advanced Mechanical Engineering from Cranfield University is a general, advanced mechanical engineering course particularly relevant to the energy sector which include mechanical engineering design and assessment.
Students will learn project management, design, computer-aided engineering, operation and optimisation of machinery, structural mechanics and integrity making them suited to a future career in industry, government or research
The taught programme for the Advanced Mechanical Engineering masters is generally delivered from October until February and is comprised of eight compulsory taught modules. Students on the part-time programme will complete all of the compulsory modules based on a flexible schedule that will be agreed with the Course Director.
Industry driven research makes our graduates some of the most desirable in the world for recruitment. The MSc in Advanced Mechanical Engineering can take you onto a challenging career in industry, government or research. The course reflects the strengths and reputation of Cranfield particularly in the energy and management sectors. Graduates of this course have been successful in gaining employment including in the following roles:
- Mechanical Design Engineer at Siemens
- Production Line Supervisor & Lean Implementer at GKN Land Systems
- Staff Engineer at BPP Technical Services Ltd working on offshore oil and gas engineering.
- Engineer at Det Norske Veritas
- Management Associate at BMW Group UK Limited
- Project Engineer at BASF Coatings S.A.
More informationVisit official programme website
Taught modules 40%, Group project 20%, Individual project 40%
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Although there are no set application deadlines, we recommend that you apply as early as possible to secure your place.
DisciplinesMechanical Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 491 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in United Kingdom
- A first or second class UK Honours degree (or equivalent) in mathematics, physics or an engineering discipline. Other recognised professional qualifications or several years relevant industrial experience may be accepted as equivalent; subject to approval by the Course Director.
- Applicants who do not fulfill the standard entry requirements can apply for the Pre-Masters programme, successful completion of which will qualify them for entry to this course for a second year of study.
International21500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 21500 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA10500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10500 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
- MSc Part-time: £1,635
- PgDip Full-time: £8,000
- PgCert Full-time: £4,600
- PgDip Full-time: £17,400
- PgCert Full-time: £8,700
- GREAT China Scholarship
- The Cranfield Scholarship
- Postgraduate Loan from Student Finance England
- Santander MSc Scholarship
- Commonwealth Scholarships for Developing Countries
- Future Finance Student Loans
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.