UC recognises how important it is that you are able to continue with your studies while your travel plans are temporarily put on hold due to COVID-19. For this reason, we have developed a carefully selected range of online units for our most popular degree courses, enabling you to commence your study online before transitioning to face-to-face study once travel restrictions are lifted.
Please refer to our website for detailed info regarding availability/conditions etc
This professionally accredited two-year course focuses on the contemporary issues informing urban architecture and promotes the processes of urbanisation in architectural research.
You will even fine-tune your expertise in related careers, such as urban design and heritage, and can choose to pursue additional studies leading to a PhD in a range of topics, including architectural history, urban planning or digital architecture.
Study a Master of Architecture at University of Canberra and you will:
- understand analytical and theoretical approaches to site, context, program and technologies
- propose formal, spatial and programmatic resolutions for major urban scale projects
- demonstrate an understanding of the complex and challenging social, ethical, environmental, political and regulatory contexts within which architectural practice is carried out
- display an advanced ability to respond to and develop a client brief, scope of work and detailed design proposals up to the start of construction
- debate the importance of the interconnections of architecture with its cultural, theoretical, technical and historical contexts.
- Architectural technologist
- Architectural heritage specialist
- Building designer
- Building scientist
- Urban designer
- Architectural journalist, researcher or educator
- BIM modeller
- 3D renderer
- Project manager
Accreditation by the Australian Institute of Architects, and the Architects Accreditation Council of Australia
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Architecture Practice
- Advanced Technology
- Architecture Studio
- Advanced History & Theory
- Architecture Laboratory PG
- Overseas Study in Design and Architecture PG
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
- Deadline passed, International
DisciplinesArchitecture Industrial Design Landscape Architecture View 12 other Masters in Industrial Design in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Entry into this course requires a Bachelor of Architecture, or equivalent, and a credit (or above) grade average in the architecture design studios in the second and third year of the undergraduate degree.
- If the credit (or above) grade average is not met a portfolio, submitted with the application, that indicates the design ability of the candidate may be used to determine admission eligibility. Other students with an Architecture degree or equivalent may be admitted on permission of the course convener.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International33200 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 33200 AUD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Domestic: Commonwealth Support Place (CSP)
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.