The MSc in Explosives Ordnance Engineering course from Cranfield University specialises in explosive ordnance and engineering and is world class in teaching and research.
We have a diverse student body drawn mainly from personnel linked to the military from numerous industries and institutions in the UK as well as overseas providing a rich educational experience.
Students are introduced to up-to-date and current research, which enables them to obtain a critical awareness to problem solving and capability to evaluate both military and commercial best practice in the field of EOE.
Many of the students are linked to military employment and as such are sponsored through this route.
Therefore the majority of the students continue to work for them on completion of the course. However, the course has the potential to take you on to enhanced career opportunities often at a more senior level across a range of roles corresponding with your experience.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Research Methodology
- Introduction to Explosives
- Future Developments: Scanning the Horizon in EOE
- Manufacture and Material Properties of Explosives
- Munitions and Target Response
- Ammunition Systems 2 (Delivery Systems)
- Gun Propellants
- Transitions To Detonation (Half Module)
- Testing and Evaluation of Explosives (Half Module)
- Computer Modelling Tools in Explosives Ordnance Engineering (Half Module)
This course has been designed specifically to provide an opportunity to a wide range of attendees, which include military officers, defence industry staff, government servants and civilian students to provide knowledge and transferable skills that will enhance employment potential in this field, problem solving, self-direction and informed communication skills.
- 11 months
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Although there are no set application deadlines, we recommend that you apply as early as possible to secure your place.
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering Military Science General Engineering & Technology View 497 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- This programme is accredited as a programme of further learning for CEng registration. When presented together with a CEng accredited Bachelors programme the educational requirements for CEng registration will be met in full. Students who do not have a first degree should contact the relevant institute directly for further details on whether they meet the requirements.
- Students requiring a visa to study in the UK may need to apply for an ATAS certificate to study this course.
International31000 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 31000 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 11 months.
EU/EEA31000 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 31000 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 11 months.
- PgDip Full-time: £24,800
- PgCert Full-time: £13,600
- International Society of Explosive Engineers Scholarship
- Conacyt (Consejo Nacional de Ciencia y Tecnologia)
- Postgraduate Loan from Student Finance England
- Santander MSc Scholarship
- Chevening Scholarships
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.