The UCAS Conservatoires Institution Code for the Royal Welsh College of Music & Drama is R59 and the Course Code for the MA Design for Performance is 712F.
- Taught element starting in September and running for one year, full time
- Alternative flexible pathway for students already in relevant employment
- Specialist tuition from established team of professional design practitioners
- Input from visiting professionals from around the world
- Design positions in up to two College productions ranging from drama to musical theatre and opera
- Professional work placement opportunities
- Public exhibition of your work for one week in Cardiff and four days in London, including industry nights for an invited audience of potential employers
- Final component involving the completion of a reflective portfolio based on your professional engagement, with support and mentoring from College tutors
- Flexible part-time MA ‘Top-Up’ option available for people with a postgraduate diploma in theatre design or a recognised equivalent qualification
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Design Practice
- Realised Production Module
- Industry Practice & Final Exhibition
- Performance Practice Portfolio
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesDesign Theatre & Dance View 528 other Masters in Design in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Entry requirements usually include a degree or equivalent qualification in an art and design related subject. Selection is made on the basis of an interview and portfolio presentation.
- The College may consider applications from people without formal qualifications, if they have an exceptional level of practical ability and suitable portfolio content.
International22505 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22505 GBP per year during 18 months.
National10549 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10549 GBP per year during 18 months.
Living costs for Cardiff
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.