- For students wishing to specialise in stage management for the theatre and live events
- Taught elements starting in September and running full time until Easter of the following year with a flexible 12 month period to complete the first component
- Tuition and supervision from a team of established industry practitioners
- Masterclasses and seminars from leading industry experts
- Training in the full range of skills required to be a professional stage manager or event manager
- Core skills module covering job roles, budgets, health and safety, essential lighting and sound, scheduling and CAD
- Management in Context module covering planning, problem-solving, management theory, logistics, team working and career planning
- Up to four six-week placements on productions/events, up to two of these with professional companies
- Option to undertake a work placement in the College’s venue at the Edinburgh Festival Fringe
- Final component involving the completion of a Professional Practice Portfolio based on your professional employment, with support and mentoring from College tutors
More informationVisit official programme website
- Practical Skills
- Management in Context
- Placement 1&2
- Placement 3&4
- Professional Practice Portfolio
- 15 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Theatre & Dance View 173 other Masters in Theatre & Dance in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Typical entry requirements include a degree or equivalent qualification along with relevant practical experience. However, consideration will be given to those with no formal qualifications but with significant practical experience in stage management/technical theatre.
- Final selection is made on the basis of an interview.
International21213 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 21213 GBP per year and a duration of 15 months.
EU/EEA9943 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9943 GBP per year and a duration of 15 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.