The UCAS Conservatoires Institution Code for the Royal Welsh College of Music & Drama is R59 and the Course Code for the MMus Choral Conducting is 811F (intensive) or 812F (full time).
- Weekly choral conducting class working with singers
- Individual and small group specialist vocal tuition including language classes
- Observation and participation in RWCMD choral rehearsals including College Chorus and Chamber Choir
- Choral repertoire, score preparation and aural skills class
- Observation of conductors within a professional context: BBC National Chorus of Wales, City of Birmingham Symphony Chorus, London Symphony Chorus
- Opportunities to direct RWCMD ensembles, rehearsals and productions
- Opportunities to conduct self-promoted student performances
- Conducting placements with partnerships choirs in the Cardiff area
- Masterclasses with internationally renowned choral directors
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Choral Conducting
- The Professional Musician
- Psychology of Collaborative Performance
- Research Project or Reflecting on Performance
- Advanced Teaching Skills
- Advanced Outreach Skills
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMusic Musicology View 81 other Masters in Musicology in United Kingdom
- Entry is by audition and candidates should be able to demonstrate a level of performance ability appropriate for professional training.
- Minimum entry requirements usually include a 2:1 degree in music or an equivalent qualification.
- Candidates who have been studying or working in another field will be considered.
International21962 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21962 GBP per year during 24 months.
National11163 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11163 GBP per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Cardiff
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.