Choral Conducting is offered as an MMus or a Postgraduate Diploma programme.
- Weekly choral conducting class working with singers
- Individual and small group specialist vocal tuition including language classes
- Observation and participation in RWCMD choral rehearsals including College Chorus and Chamber Choir
- Choral repertoire, score preparation and aural skills class
- Observation of conductors within a professional context
- Opportunities to direct RWCMD ensembles, rehearsals and productions
- Opportunities to conduct self-promoted student performances
- Conducting placements with partnerships choirs in the Cardiff area
- Masterclasses with internationally renowned choral directors
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Choral Conducting
- The Professional Musician
- Psychology of Collaborative Performance
- Research Project or Reflecting on Performance
- Advanced Teaching Skills
- Advanced Outreach Skills
- Advanced Sound Recording
- Career Management
- Creative Project
- Individual Project
- Orchestral Audition
- Presenting at Conference
- Portfolio of Compositions
- Portfolio of Arrangements
- Vocational Project
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Entry to the postgraduate music programmes is by audition. Candidates should be able to demonstrate a level of performance ability appropriate for professional training.Minimum entry requirements usually include an undergraduate degree in music (2:1 or higher for Masters applicants) or an equivalent qualification.
- Candidates who have been studying or working in another field will be considered.
International20701 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 20701 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA10522 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10522 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.