The Sustainable Energy and Green Technologies programme is underpinned by the best European practice by incorporating compatible EU policy drivers such as the Strategic Energy Technology Plan (SET Plan) for energy research, current R&D in Crops (through ongoing and research initiatives under the Charles Parsons Energy Research programme), and the collaboration with internationally acknowledged experts in the subject domains from universities, research institutions and industry.
- Graduates of the MSc in Sustainable Energy and Green Technologies programme at University College Dublin will have competences and skill sets for employment in companies and organisations geared to planning, deploying and utilising a wide range of green technologies systems including environmental impact mitigation. Typical opportunities will be in waste-to-energy facilities, biogas plants, ethanol production facilities, district-heating operations, renewable energy research laboratories, facilities utilising wind energy (including wind farms), solar energy, biomass and hydrogen energy, as well as leading energy utility companies, and research institutions.
- The knowledge and skill you gain from the Innovation and Technology Transfer module specifically will provide you with unique insights into the entrepreneurial process, from identification of the innovative idea through to the launch of a successful business.
Programme StructureCourses included:
- Entrepreneurship & Plant Biotechnology
- Biofuels and Bioenergy Resources
- Life Cycle Assessment
- Advanced Air Pollution
- Waste to Energy Processes & Technologies
- Energy Systems Integration
- LCA Applications
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Applications are assessed on a rolling basis and courses will close once they are filled.
DisciplinesEngineering Management Sustainable Energy View 9 other Masters in Sustainable Energy in Ireland
- A good honours degree (2.2 or higher) in engineering, physical science or environmental related degree.
- Other disciplines may be considered if they include strong mathematical, technological, and analytical skills. Holders of Postgraduate Certificate/Diploma in the relevant areas, but with sufficient industrial/work experience will also be considered.
International26400 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26400 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA8410 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8410 EUR per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Dublin
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.