The specific objectives of Molecular and Medical Biotechnology at University of Verona aim to provide the student, also through a significative laboratory practice, with the following:
- in-depth knowledge of the methodologies aimed at the structural and functional characterization of biological macromolecules and of cellular processes in which they are involved;
- in-depth knowledge of the pathological processes affecting humans, at the molecular and cellular level; current applications and perspectives of application of biotechnology in human pathology;
- thorough knowledge of the organization and mode of expression of the human genome and analysis with the support of bioinformatics tools and "high-throughput" experimental platforms ;
- knowledge in the field of structurally biology aimed at the design of molecules possessing pharmaceutical activity; competences in modelling techniques for drug discovery and design;
- expertise of bioinformatics methodologies for the organization and access to databases, with particular reference to genomics and proteomics;
- extensive knowledge of medical genetics, pharmacogenomics, and molecular pharmacology for the development of new drugs.
Graduates will be able to work in both the private and public sector. They may also do freelance work in consulting and planning, either independently or in association with other groups.Graduates find employment in areas such as technological research and development in public entities and different industries (e.g. biotechnology, pharmaceuticals, diagnostics); biotechnological regulation, management and creation in the public or private sector; management or consulting in pharmacology, bio-health or diagnostics; and in the fields of technical and scientific information and communication
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Computational genomics
- Emerging infective diseases
- Human genome sequencing and interpretation
- Microbial biotechnology
- Protein misfolding and human diseases
- Structural biology
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Three-year University Degree (Bachelor) in Mathematics, Physics, Informatics; or in Biological disciplines (biochemistry, molecular biology, biology, microbiology, genetics). Cumulative Grade Point Average (or equivalent) equal to 75/100 or higher.
International1000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1000 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Verona
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.