The Communication Design and Creative Strategies course offered by the HMKW University for Media, Communication and Business provides key competencies expected from creative heads in management positions, focusing on aesthetic production in advertising, marketing and visual communication. The aim is to master the entire design-oriented process of value creation both in theory and practice.
Integration of theory and practice of design:
- latest developments in research and analysis of design and creativity
- practical work and art direction projects
The ability to carry out the roles and responsibilities associated with the position of Art Director and other management positions held by creative talents, within the framework of the ever-increasing convergence of print, online, broadcast and mobile media.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Media Law
- Media Asset Management
- Media Psychology
- Intercultural Management
- Critical & Creative Thinking
- Design & Social Research
- Creative Design Processes
- Advertising Technology
- Design Management
- Creative Leadership
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
There are no set application deadlines at HMKW. Usually, you can apply until the start of the semester.
DisciplinesDesign Communication Sciences User Experience Design View 22 other Masters in Design in Germany
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- A good or very good degree in design, fine arts or equivalent degree (university or university of applied sciences)
- plus internal assessment process
Please include in your portfolio:
- a title page (“cover”),
- your cv,
- a very brief summary of the written part of your Bachelor thesis (if available),
- motivation letter (max. 250 words),
- min. three comprehensive graphic design works created by you (or with a clearly indicated contribution from you),
- including a description of the work,
- and a documentation of the design process.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International670 EUR/moduleTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 670 EUR per module and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA670 EUR/moduleTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 670 EUR per module and a duration of 24 months.
- Full-time: 670 € monthly
- Part-time: 449 € monthly
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.