The study of renewable energies and energy efficiency requires intensive studies of different theoretic and practical topics in technology, economy, law and intercultural affairs. The REMENA graduates will be experts in different disciplines for future projects in the energy sector with a special focus on the cooperation with countries in the Middle East and North Africa.
The Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency for the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) Region (REMENA) at University of Kassel will be conducted at different places. It comprises lectures, seminars, practical training and excursions.
It comprises lectures, seminars, practical training and excursions during one semester (6 months) at the Cairo University in Egypt and/or the University of Monastir in Tunisia, one semester (6 months) at the University of Kassel in Germany and a possible exchange semester at the University of Sfax in Tunisia.
The master thesis project (6 months) is to be done in Germany, the MENA region, etc. preferably in companies or institutions dealing, e.g., with wind parks and photovoltaics for power generation, with building insulation or energy economics.
The overall duration of the program is 24 months. The program can be started either in March (summer term) in Kassel or in September (winter term) in Cairo or Monastir. Upon successful graduation the student will be granted a Master of Science (M.Sc.) double degree from the University of Kassel and the Cairo University or the University of Monastir.
If you want to
- study renewable energies and energy efficiency in an international and intercultural context,
- combine it with curriculum being taught completely in English with complementary language courses in German and Arabic and
- continue your professional future in the area of sustainable usage of renewable energies and energy efficiency
- Engineering Thermodynamics
- Heat Transfer
- Fluid Mechanics
- Material Science
- German and Arab Language Courses Cairo
- Presentation and Moderation Techniques
- Thermodynamics Fundamentals
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
- Apply before
The program starts each year in September in Cairo and Monastir and in March in Kassel
More informationGo to the programme website
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Energy & Power Engineering Sustainable Development View 23 other Masters in Energy & Power Engineering in Germany
Minimum requirements are:
- a bachelor degree in engineering, natural sciences, economics or social sciences
- practical experience (internships, vocational education, professional work, and others) preferably in the energy sector
- high motivation
- fluent in English
International5000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10000 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA5000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10000 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
Check the programme website for information about funding options.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.