The study of renewable energies and energy efficiency requires intensive studies of different theoretic and practical topics in technology, economy, law and intercultural affairs. The REMENA graduates will be experts in different disciplines for future projects in the energy sector with a special focus on the cooperation with countries in the Middle East and North Africa.
The Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency for the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) Region (REMENA) at University of Kassel will be conducted at different places. It comprises lectures, seminars, practical training and excursions.
It comprises lectures, seminars, practical training and excursions during one semester (6 months) at the Cairo University in Egypt and/or the University of Monastir in Tunisia, one semester (6 months) at the University of Kassel in Germany and a possible exchange semester at the University of Sfax in Tunisia.
The master thesis project (6 months) is to be done in Germany, the MENA region, etc. preferably in companies or institutions dealing, e.g., with wind parks and photovoltaics for power generation, with building insulation or energy economics.
The overall duration of the program is 24 months. The program can be started either in March (summer term) in Kassel or in September (winter term) in Cairo or Monastir. Upon successful graduation the student will be granted a Master of Science (M.Sc.) double degree from the University of Kassel and the Cairo University or the University of Monastir.
If you want to
- study renewable energies and energy efficiency in an international and intercultural context,
- combine it with curriculum being taught completely in English with complementary language courses in German and Arabic and
- continue your professional future in the area of sustainable usage of renewable energies and energy efficiency
- Engineering Thermodynamics
- Heat Transfer
- Fluid Mechanics
- Material Science
- German and Arab Language Courses Cairo
- Presentation and Moderation Techniques
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Energy & Power Engineering Sustainable Development View 25 other Masters in Energy & Power Engineering in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Minimum requirements are:
- practical experience (internships, vocational education, professional work, and others) preferably in the energy sector
- have successfully completed a bachelor's program or an equivalent degree in mathematics, computer science, natural sciences or engineering or to hold an equivalent degree with an average mark on an international scale, or
- have successfully completed a bachelor's program or an equivalent degree in law, business sciences/economics or social sciences with an average mark on an international scale and has successfully passed modules in the field of mathematics, natural or engineering sciences.
- evidence of very good knowledge of the English language to the level of B2 according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages CEFR must be presented. This evidence is granted for applicants, if English is the mothertongue, or previous studies were completely conducted in English.
International5000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10000 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
EU/EEA5000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10000 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
Living costs for Kassel
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.