Society is increasingly focusing on embedded and combined hardware and software solutions that are dynamic rather than static, which can grow and develop during their life cycle.
The current evolution is creating a growing importance of software in several areas of society. At the same time, the size and complexity of software is constantly increasing alongside the pressure of speedy supply in turbulent environments with rapidly changing demands. To meet these challenges and the demands of delivering reliable and high quality software, this programme offers a unique combination of advanced technical knowledge and required management skills.
Your studies will benefit greatly from the use of real industrial projects and collaboration with industry representatives from for example Ericsson, Volvo AB, Volvo IT, Volvo Cars, Saab and Astra Zeneca. In your future career you will be the team player with the important holistic software engineering perspective the industry demands for, able to handle technical and organizational challenges.
The Software Engineering and Technology programme at the Chalmers University of Technology focuses on three main competences in software engineering:
- Avanced technical knowledge and skills
- Advanced knowledge of methods and processes
- Advanced knowledge of industrial activities and practices
The combination of this knowledge is highly valued and in great demand in the software industry in order to support, innovates, and improve practices with new methods and tools.
Studying software engineering opens up a wide range of career opportunities within development, design, management, and research at manufacturing and engineering companies, consultant organizations, and supplier companies. Examples are:
- Software Developer: Design and implement the software modules of a system.
- Test Engineer: Design test cases and carry out system testing.
- Project Manager: Organize and lead software development projects.
- Software Architect: Design system architecture and make key technical decisions.
- Software Quality Manager: Select processes and check software quality.
- Doctoral Student/Scientist: Study and conduct research to obtain a PhD degree in software engineering.
In these roles, graduates contribute to the technological development of society, its well-being, and competitiveness.
- Requirements engineering
- Software quality
- Empirical software engineering
- Project management
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesGeneral Engineering & Technology Computer Sciences Software Engineering View 96 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in Sweden
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor´s degree (or the equivalent) with a Major in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mechatronics or Industrial Engineering and Management.
- Prerequisites: Programming (at least 7,5 credits), Algorithms and/or Data structures (at least 7,5 credits) and Basic software engineering or Software engineering project (at least 7,5 credits).
- Preferable course experience: Mathematical statistics, Discrete mathematics and Model driven software development.
International14224 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14224 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Göteborg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.