With the number of people living with dementia across the world expected to double in the next 20 years, this innovative online course has been developed to provide you with an in-depth, research-based knowledge of dementia and approaches to dementia care.
It’s designed for professionals already working in the field, and can be studied from anywhere in the world.
You’ll learn about the latest theories, innovations and best practice in dementia care – as well as gaining an overview of policy drivers and initiatives, and a grounding in academic and research skills.
Our course also benefits from an advisory group of people with dementia, who support course development.
This course is for experienced professionals from all relevant disciplines and enables you to study while continuing to work in your existing post.
Some of our graduates have moved to specialised posts, while others have secured a promotion, undertaken further research or become involved in training.
- Advance your career prospects by growing your expertise in the area of health and social care
- Fit your studies around your current job commitments
- Put everything you’re learning straight to work in a professional setting
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Critical and creative approaches to dementia
- Dementia and the Environment
- Living with Dementia: Care Pathways
- Understanding and Evaluating Evidence in Dementia Studies
- Researching Quality of Life with Dementia: Approaches and Methods
- Enhancing Dementia Practice
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesSocial Work Psychology Health Sciences View 379 other Masters in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A minimum of a second class honours degree (2.1 preferred) or equivalent in a relevant subject. Applicants without these formal qualifications but with significant appropriate/relevant work/life experience are encouraged to apply.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International4000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12000 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 36 months.
National2333 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7000 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 36 months.
Total cost for PGCert:
- Home/EU students: £2,334
- Overseas students: £4,000
- Home/EU students: £4,667
- Overseas students: £8,000
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.