You also look at the main theoretical approaches in the study of politics, combined with a selection of optional modules including:
- Quantitative data analysis in political explanations
- Survey measurement and question design
- Political parties in Britain and Europe
- Measuring public opinion
- Democracies in Europe
All Essex politics graduates have the distinction of a qualification from one of the world’s leading politics departments.
The Public Opinion and Political Behaviour course offered by the University of Essex can lead to a career in the polling industry, market research, British and European Politics or the private sector. You will develop key employability skills including analytical reasoning, survey design, polling, research design, and report writing.
Recent graduates have gone on to work for the following high-profile organisations:
- The Civil Service
- Local government
- The World Bank
- The United Nations
- YouGov and YouGov America
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Research Methods
- Public Opinion and Political Behaviour
Theory and Explanation in Political Science
- The Analysis of Conflict and Peace
Democracy, Violence, and Inequality in Latin America
- International Security Studies
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
We recommend that you apply as soon as you are able to.
DisciplinesPublic Relations Political Science View 495 other Masters in Political Science in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A 2.2 degree in Political Science, International Relations, International Studies, American Studies, United States Politics, Economics, Finance or Statistics.
- A 2.2 degree in any subject which includes study in two relevant modules. Relevant modules include, but are not limited to:
- Comparative Political Systems
- Constitutional Democracy
- Contemporary World Affairs
- Current Affairs
- Democratic Theory
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International19740 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19740 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9200 GBP per year during 12 months.
- Home/UK fee: £4,600
- International fee: £9,870
Living costs for Colchester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.