The Politics course offered by the University of Essex is distinctive from our other Masters in that it allows you complete freedom of choice over the modules you take. It gives a background to the study of politics, but isn’t as preoccupied with theory and methods as our other Masters courses.
You explore topics as wide-ranging as:
- Global environmental problems
- The economy and the state
- International relations
- Theories of justice
- Public opinion
All Essex politics graduates have the distinction of a qualification from one of the world’s leading politics departments.
Our MA Politics can lead you to a career in a number of areas such as market research, the media, central and local government and private sector. You will develop key employability skills including analytical reasoning, research design and essay-writing.
Recent graduates have gone on to work for the following high-profile organisations:
- The Civil Service
- Local government
- The World Bank
- The United Nations
- YouGov and YouGov America
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Democracy, Violence, and Inequality in Latin America
- International Security Studies
- Gender and Armed Conflict
- Israeli Politics
- Politics of South Asia
- Political Theory and Gender
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
We recommend that you apply as soon as you are able to.
DisciplinesInternational Relations Political Science View 495 other Masters in Political Science in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A 2.2 degree in Political Science, International Relations, International Studies, American Studies, United States Politics, Economics, Finance or Statistics.
- A 2.2 degree in any subject which includes study in two relevant modules. Relevant modules include, but are not limited to:
- Comparative Political Systems
- Constitutional Democracy
- Contemporary World Affairs
- Current Affairs
- Democratic Theory
- European Integration/Dynamics of Integration
- Foreign Policy/Comparative Foreign Policy
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International19740 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19740 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9200 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Colchester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.