- The Computer Animation course at Kingston University has been developed in consultation with our industry panel, which includes representatives from Sony Computer Entertainment Europe, DreamWorks and Samsung Design Europe. We are also an active member of TIGA, the games industry's representative body, and the British Interactive Media Association (BIMA).
- The courses have a project-based curriculum where collaborative interdisciplinary teamwork is encouraged.
- The industry-focused learning experience enables you to hone your specialist skills in a professional context. Work placements, real projects, internships and an industry mentoring scheme will also prepare you for entry into the fast-growing and highly competitive digital media arena.
What will you study?
You will learn clean modelling techniques, principles of animation, lighting, shading, texturing, rendering and compositing. You will create computer animation assets, both alone and in teams, using industry-standard production techniques that stimulate a professional environment of collaboration to deliver a product on time.
You will also work as part of a team comprising students from different media disciplines, undertaking projects that have previously included use of brain-computer interface systems, computer vision and optical stereoscopic 3D, and you will learn how to present yourself to potential employers through your professional presence and portfolio.
Where this course will take you
The provided technical and creative skills provided by this Computer Animation course are applicable in areas related mainly to movie and game industry. Furthermore, advertisement, 3D printing, architectural design and web based modelling are areas that require skills and knowledge on modelling, texturing, rigging, animation, dynamics and compositing.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Creation and Animation
- Perfecting the Look
- Digital Studio Practice
- Media Specialist Practice
- Digital Media Final Project
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
We encourage you to apply as soon as possible, applications will close when the course is full.
DisciplinesComputer Sciences View 599 other Masters in Computer Sciences in United Kingdom
- A good BA(Hons) or BSc(Hons) degree or equivalent qualification in animation or a related subject which includes significant 3D computer graphic content, such as moving image, illustration, 3D design, computer-related design or architecture.
- All applicants must be able to demonstrate, either through qualifications, work experience or portfolio of works, a solid understanding of digital media.
- Applicants will normally be expected to have a show reel/portfolio of work which demonstrates the necessary aptitude, potential and skills required for entry to this course.
International14500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14500 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA9200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9200 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
- MA part time £5,060
- MA part time £7,975
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.