Our Philosophy program at University of Windsor prepares students for further scholarly pursuits such as doctoral studies in philosophy or law school, and for careers in public service, public relations, policy analysis, education, or research.
It provides resources for a deeply engaged intellectual, professional, and civic life.
Our low teacher-student ratio ensures close interaction and promotes collegiality.
The majority of the Centre for Research in Reasoning, Argumentation and Rhetoric’s (CRRAR’s) current members are philosophers.
The University of Windsor’s Philosophy department is recognized worldwide as the centre of research in informal logic and argumentation. See www.uwindsor.ca/crrar
Students can expand their formal philosophical education by participating in the department’s lively in-house speakers series, as well as the external speaker series, and the student-organized Philosophy Club.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Argumentation theory
- Contemporary European Philosophy
- Environmental Philosophy
- Feminist Philosophy
- Informal Logic
- Philosophy of Mind
- Philosophy of Science
- Philosophy of Technology
- Social & Political Philosophy
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhilosophy & Ethics View 38 other Masters in Philosophy & Ethics in Canada
- Students accepted into our M.A. candidate year require an honours degree in philosophy or its equivalent.
- At Windsor, the honours degree includes 16-20 one-semester courses in philosophy. Students with fewer philosophy courses are usually required to complete a "make-up" or qualifying year or semester before proceeding to candidate year.
- Students having questions about admission requirements are encouraged to contact the department.
International15100 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7550 CAD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National4786 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2393 CAD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.