Selected concepts such as health promotion, illness prevention, stress appraisal, and coping resources will be examined through critical appraisal of the literature in nursing and related disciplines.
Students will have the opportunity to develop evidence-based knowledge and skills required to manage the complex health needs of Canada’s multicultural population through health promotion and illness prevention or adaptation to illness and injury.
In the Nursing Leadership field students will explore concepts of contemporary nursing leadership in management, research and education. Students will critically appraise and synthesize a variety of educational, environmental, and political issues that influence the Canadian health care system.
Students will have the opportunity to develop skills necessary to impact policy and decision-making relevant to the profession of nursing, in particular, and the health care system in general.
The Master of Science in Nursing (MScN) at University of Windsor is a thesis - based degree program, and has two specialization/field options: Advanced Clinical Practice Nursing Field and Nursing Leadership Field.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Theoretical Foundations in Nursing
- Research Methods in Nursing
- Advanced Statistics
- Clinical Judgment in Nursing Practice
- Must have a Bachelor of Science in Nursing or equivalent which includes physical assessment, and courses in research and statistics.
- Consideration may be given to nurse applicants holding degrees in other cognate disciplines.
- Must have maintained a minimum 70% average in the last two years of their undergraduate program.
- Must be eligible for a current certificate of registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
International15330 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7665 CAD per semester and a duration of 18 months.
National4786 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2393 CAD per semester and a duration of 18 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.