This programme provides you with:
- training in a comprehensive range of political science subfields and the freedom to choose, which offers a lot of flexibility
- in pursuing your thematic interests.
- a strong emphasis on empirical-analytical training including research design and logic, qualitative methods, and quantitative
- and computational methods with the statistical software R.
- advanced research projects in which you apply advanced empirical research methods to current research questions in
- politics, e.g. including training in quantitative text analysis, social media analysis, experiments and causal inference,
- process tracing, and qualitative comparative analysis.
- an international study environment and the opportunity to complete your degree fully in English
Our Master in Political Science at University of Cologne opens the door to start your professional career in many areas of politics, including:
- Political Consulting
- Public Administration
- International Organisations
- European Union Institutions
- Political Parties
- Interest Groups
- Data Science Companies
- Private Media Enterprises
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Comporative Political Institutions Research Design
- Comporative Political Economy
- Democratic Theory and Practice Quantitative Methods
- Qualitative Methods
- International Relations
- European Politics
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- A Bachelor degree or equivalent in the respective field (worth at least 180 ECTS credits) and an overall grade point average of
- at least 2.7 (German grade). Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- At least 36 ECTS credits in Political Science
- At least 9 further ECTS credits in in Methodology and Empirical Social Research
- English language skills level B2 CEFR
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
The University of Cologne does not charge any tuition fees.
Each semester, all enrolled students of the University of Cologne have to pay a social fee ("Semesterbeitrag").
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.