Why study MSc Engineering Management at Middlesex University?
The career of an engineering project manager is an exciting and challenging one - overseeing complex projects, taking charge of teams and delivering on time and on budget. Yet there's a worldwide shortage of graduates who have the elusive combination of technical knowledge and the management capability that such a demanding role needs. This Engineering Management MSc degree at the Middlesex University was created to meet that demand.
Middlesex University is the only institution in London to offer a course in engineering project management and our strong links with such industry giants as Ford, Jaguar Land Rover, Mitsubishi, BAE Systems, IBM and Siemens, means that you will be studying a highly relevant degree with up-to-date research and practices.
This Engineering Management MSc course offers an extensive hands-on experience, with practical work incorporated into every module. You'll work alongside professionals on industry-sponsored projects, go on site visits and attend lectures by guest speakers. Instead of a thesis you'll work on a team project designed to resemble a real-life industry scenario.
- The teaching staff are internationally renowned for their research expertise and include Dr Andrew Tizzard, a former design engineer with Ministry of Defence contractor Rank Pullin Controls
- The course is supported by the National Centre for Project Management. Based at Middlesex the centre carries out research into project management and provides training for professionals, working with organisations including BT, HBOS, Morgan Stanley and Fujitsu As a student of this course you'll receive a free electronic textbook for every module.
- The specialised skills you’ll develop during this course are highly sought-after worldwide, and will equip you to take on a variety of managerial roles.
- These could include engineering manager, project manager, production manager, operational manager, site manager or technical manager; and there are opportunities in almost any sector, ranging from the engineering or automotive sectors to food processing, pharmaceuticals, health, construction, IT, marketing, energy, manufacturing or the public sector. You could work either in-house with a company or for a firm of project management consultants, or for yourself as a freelance.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Engineering Management Group Project
- Engineering Project Management
- Engineering Simulation
- Human resource management in engineering
- Financial management in engineering
- Logistics and Supply Chains
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesHuman Resource Management Supply Chain Management & Logistics General Engineering & Technology View 151 other Masters in Supply Chain Management & Logistics in United Kingdom
- It is required that you have a second class honours degree 2:2 or above in an engineering or a numerate discipline
- Candidates with other relevant qualifications who can demonstrate relevant work experience in an appropriate field are also considered
- Candidates without formal qualifications need to demonstrate relevant work experience and the ability to study at postgraduate level
International14500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14500 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National10000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10000 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
- EU Full-time: £14,500
- UK Part-time: £67 per credit; £33 per dissertation credit
- International/EU Part-time: £97 per credit; £48 per dissertation credit
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.