The Finance and Management course offered by the University of Essex is perfect if you do not have a first degree in business or finance, or relevant work experience but are seeking to make a career change into finance and management. You’ll become business ready to work in finance or management roles whatever your background or take your career to the next level as a finance or management professional.
If you’re looking for a career that combines management success and creativity with an understanding of the financial world, then MSc Finance and Management is for you. You will study Principles of Finance in term one, which will provide you with the maths skills and core concepts in finance you need to succeed on the course and to apply in the workplace in your first finance role.
Many of our recent graduates work for global organisations and innovative SMEs, including:
- Tata Steel
- Cisco Systems, a technology multinational
- Government of Pakistan
- Yes Bank, an Indian private sector bank
- Jewim Pharmaceutical Inc, a drug manufacturer
- Capital Markets Intelligence, a financial publisher
- Credit Data Research, a business funder
- Marex, a global tech-enabled liquidity hub
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Corporate Finance
Principles of Finance
- Asset Pricing
- Behavioural Finance
- Financial Technology and Innovation (Fintech)
- Sustainability and Corporate Social Responsibility
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
We recommend that you apply as soon as you are able to.
DisciplinesFinance Management, Organisation & Leadership Financial Mathematics View 867 other Masters in Finance in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A 2:2 degree, or international equivalent, in a numerate discipline such as: Economics, Finance, Mathematics, Statistics, Science or Engineering.
- Your Degree should contain at least one module relating to Economics or Finance (not including financial reporting), Mathematics or Statistics. With a score of 50% in this module.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International20350 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20350 GBP per year during 12 months.
National13030 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13030 GBP per year during 12 months.
- Home/UK fee: £6,515
- International fee: £10,175
Living costs for Colchester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.