Thanks to the leading research being undertaken in our School, you will gain a solid understanding of the foundations of this technology, exploring areas including:
- The principles by which sensed data are converted into useful information
- The practical aspects of developing intelligent and robotic systems
- Biologically-inspired robots
- Computational intelligence
Robotics requires a well-developed knowledge of areas ranging from computer science and artificial intelligence, to engineering and neuroscience, in order to produce hardware which can sense and manipulate the real world. This field has allowed us to develop everything from satellites and submarines, to racecars and robots.
The recent Intelligent Systems and Robotics graduates at the University of Essex have progressed to a variety of senior positions in industry and academia. Some of the companies and organisations where our former graduates are now employed include:
- Electronic Data Systems
- Pfizer Pharmaceuticals
- Bank of Mexico
- Visa International
- Hyperknowledge (Cambridge)
- Hellenic Air Force
- ICSS (Beijing)
- United Microelectronic Corporation (Taiwan)
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- MSc Project and Dissertation
- Computer Vision
- Group Project
- Intelligent Systems and Robotics
- Machine Learning and Data Mining
- Professional Practice and Research Methodology
- Programming Embedded Systems
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
We recommend that you apply as soon as you are able to .
DisciplinesRobotics Artificial Intelligence Machine Learning View 109 other Masters in Machine Learning in United Kingdom
A 2.2 degree, or international equivalent, in: Computer Science; Computer Engineering; Computer Networks; Computer Games; Computing; Software Engineering, Electronic Engineering; Electrical Engineering; Telecommunication Engineering; Information Engineering; Mechatronic Engineering; Mathematics or Physics.
Graduates of Computer Science; Computer Engineering; Computer Networks; Computer Games; Computing; Software Engineering must have studied :
- ONE programming module (e.g. C, C#, C++, Java, Python, Object Oriented programming, Advanced Programming)
- ONE maths module
- and ONE other computing related module
Graduates of Electronic Engineering; Electrical Engineering; Telecommunication Engineering; Automation; Mechatronic Engineering; Mathematics; Physics must have studied:
- ONE programming module (e.g. C, C#, C++, Java, Python, Object Oriented programming).
- ONE maths module (e.g.Mathematics; Calculus; Differential Equations).
- and ONE other math module
International19380 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 19380 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
National9980 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9980 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.