The Master in International Screenwriting and Production at the Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore is a full-time intensive course, with a maximum enrollment of 42 students.
The Master will allow students to acquire the required knowledge to work in the entertainment industry, both as writers and/or professionals working in production or distribution companies, TV networks, talent agencies or as production assistants. Students will receive a comprehensive and high-level training which effectively combines the academic expertise of university professors with the professional know-how of high-ranking professionals with international profiles.
Graduates from the MISP are exposed to a wide range of career opportunities. Graduates have both the theoretical knowledge and the methodological tools suited to pursue professional and managerial careers as:
- Screenwriters or creative producers of television series and feature films;
- Authors of TV entertainment programs and documentaries, copywriters, creators of video games and web series, writers of comic books and novels and fiction editors in publishing companies;
- Story editors and script consultants;
- Supervisors of evaluation, acquisition and programming of TV shows;
- Professionals working in different areas of the television and film industry (physical production, distribution, acquisition, product placement, etc.)
- Screenwriting theory
- Script analysis and project evaluation
- Writing techniques for audiovisual products
- The audiovisual industry
- Communication ethics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media Liberal Arts Media Studies & Mass Media View 5 other Masters in Film, Photography & Media in Italy
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Students must be able to excel in courses that are reading and writing intensive.
- EU citizens: The undergraduate degree must be obtained before the start of the programme.
- Non-EU citizens: The undergraduate degree must be obtained at least two months prior to the start of the programme.
International9800 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9800 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
EU/EEA9800 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9800 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Milano
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
All scholarships are assigned on a merit basis and will be mostly given to students who apply by the priority deadline. Some scholarships may also target specific geographic regions.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.