The Biostatistics Program offered by University of Saskatchewan is a collaborative venture of the School of Public Health, Department of Community Health and Epidemiology, and Department of Mathematics and Statistics. Through classroom participation, laboratory sessions, biostatistical consulting opportunities with core faculty members, and research, MSc and PhD students will have the opportunity to explore developments in theoretical statistics and the application of this theory in the life sciences.
The Biostatistics Program provides students with opportunities to study and conduct research in such areas as:
- Design and analysis of clinical trials;
- Longitudinal data analysis;
- Analysis of complex survey data;
- Measurement error;
- Survival analysis;
- Computational statistics; and
- Multivariate statistics.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Design and Analysis of clinical trials
- Longitudinal Data analysis
- Analysis of Complex survey data
- Measurement Error models
- Computational statistics
- Multivariate statistics
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Language Proficiency Requirements: Proof of English proficiency may be required for international applicants and for applicants whose first language is not English.
- a cumulative weighted average of at least a 75% (U of S grade system equivalent) in the last two years of study (i.e. 60 credit units)
- a four-year honours degree, or equivalent, from a recognized college or university in an academic discipline relevant to the proposed field of studies such as mathematics, statistics, applied statistics, biostatistics, quantitative psychology, or any other discipline with a strong background in mathematics or statistics
International6730 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6730 CAD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National4260 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4260 CAD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.