What are the outcomes of the Information and Information Technologies Security program at Vilnius Gediminas Technical University ?
- Knowledge of modern cyberthreats, vulnerabilities, risks and attack vectors, covering, but not limited to technological, physical security and social areas, ability to identify and neutralize them, minimize the consequences.
- Understanding of information and information technology security principles and concepts, covering, but not limited to technological, organizational, social and legal aspects, knowledge of modern information systems security mechanisms and ability to apply them, perception of secure information system design and development methods and ability to integrate information security mechanisms into information security systems and processes.
- Proficiency in defining perspective research areas, ability to perform literature analysis and cite the literature sources, to plan and to carry out the experiment in the defined problem area, to apply different analytical, modelling and experimental methods, to evaluate qualitative and quantitative information, to apply the experimental results for solving practical problems.
- Ability to perform analysis, logical reasoning, to formulate constructive, reasoned conclusions and recommendations, to understand and criticize ideas and results of other researchers, to prepare scientific research publications, to participate in a scientific discussion.
- Graduates can join PhD studies or will have the following carrier opportunities:
- Chief information security officer
- Information security auditor
- Security analyst
- Cybercrimes investigator
- IT security project manager
- Security-oriented programmer
- Security-oriented information system architecture
- Security-specialized system administrator
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Master Graduation Thesis 2
- Computer Networks and Operating System Security
- Virtual Infrastructure and Cloud Computing Security
- Ethical Hacking Techniques (with course work)
- Malware analysis methods
- Software Security
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Technology IT Security
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Vilnius Gediminas Technical University and/or in Lithuania, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Bachelor's degree or its equivalent (official transcripts required) with grades (minimum 60% CGPA). Please check country specific requirements for detailed information.
- Two academic references.
- Acceptance by the Dean’s Office of the chosen faculty.
- To this programme applicants are accepted from fields of: IT, electronics, communications, computes engineering, software engineering, Information Technologies, Telecommunications Engineering.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International4787 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4787 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA4787 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4787 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Vilnius
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.