Evolution never stops and customer expectations on products continue to grow. At the same time, resource consumption for both development and production are expected to decrease to ensure profitable business and a sustainable society.
Specifically, individual companies want to increase their competitive advantage by offering products that stand out from the competition. Moreover, modern development work is typically characterised by multi-disciplinary, international teamwork, as well as efforts to simultaneously consider several issues related to the product and its life cycle.
Product development is a core industrial activity that addresses all of these aspects – it is a multidisciplinary process of identifying and envisaging the needs of the user, company and society, and bringing those needs to life.
International students are greatly appreciated, especially during teamwork activities, since they contribute unique experiences and enriching viewpoints. International students typically appreciate the open study climate and easy access to teachers and professors.
Graduates of the Product Development programme from Chalmers University of Technology are equipped to move into all aspect of product development. The education leads to a wide range of career opportunities within the area of R&D, technical design, product development and testing, innovative business development, start-up entrepreneurship, project leader, design consultant and research. The programme is suitable for varied industrial field like automotive, aerospace, machinery, consumer product, biomedical, and electronics.
- Product development management
- Product planning needs and opportunities
- Product development project
- Advanced computer aided design
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering International Development Sustainable Development View 54 other Masters in Sustainable Development in Sweden
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor's degree with a Major in: Mechanical Engineering, Automation and Mechatronics Engineering, Industrial Design Engineering, Industrial Engineering and Management, Production Engineering, Product Design Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or Automotive Engineering
- Prerequisites: Mathematics (at least 30 cr. including Linear Algebra, Multivariable Analysis, Numerical Analysis and Mathematical Statistics or Probability Theory), Programming, Mechanics, Strength of Materials or Solid Mechanics, Engineering Materials, Product Development (Machine Design or Design Methodology), Industrial Economics and Control Theory or Mechatronics
International13816 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6908 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per semester during 24 months.
- 70.000 SEK
Living costs for Göteborg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.