Why to study
The Department currently offers three routes for the MA in English at the University of Regina: course-based, Creative Writing, and thesis-based. The course MA (ten courses) provides an opportunity to achieve a breadth of knowledge in many areas of English literature. The thesis MA (five courses plus thesis) provides an opportunity to do in-depth research, and an extended piece of writing, on one area of English literature. The Master's degree is normally the highest offered in the Department of English at the University of Regina, and affords the Department the opportunity for close support of Master’s students and high-priority supervision of Master's theses Both the thesis and course MA offer students excellent preparation for graduate studies at the doctoral level, or for jobs and careers in English. The Department of English is offering an MA in Creative Writing: this degree consists of five courses (in Creative Writing and English Literature/Theory), and a creative thesis with a critical/theoretical introduction. For further details, please contact the Graduate Chair, Department of English.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Studies in Old English Literature
- Advanced Studies in Middle English Literature
- Advanced Studies in 16th Century Literature
- Advanced Studies in 17th Century Literature
- Advanced Studies in Restoration and 18th Century Literature
- Advanced Studies in Romantic Literature
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A four-year bachelor’s degree for entrance to a master’s program
- International applicants should consult the website regarding acceptable standards for admission, and are encouraged to submit the results of the Graduate Record Exam (GRE), especially the score for the subject test in the discipline being sought.
- A completed on-line Application Form
- Reference Forms
- A Resume and Personal Statement of Interest outlining one’s purpose in applying to graduate studies.
- Fee: A non-refundable fee of $100 (Cdn funds) for ALL domestic and international applicants (subject to change) is to be paid on-line with the on-line application.
- Test Scores
International1528 CAD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1528 CAD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National336 CAD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 336 CAD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.