Humanities concerns the human condition, past, present, and future. The human condition includes the natural world of which we are a part and from which we have distinguished ourselves, as well as the social, economic, and cultural worlds we create.
At the Memorial University of Newfoundland, the graduate program in Humanities, offering the degree of Master of Philosophy, is an interdisciplinary teaching and research program housed in the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences at Memorial University.
In a normal year, the program provides a home for approximately 20 graduate students and an interdisciplinary teaching forum for among 50 instructors and tutors from the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences, as well as other faculties at the University, the arts and culture community in St. John's, and visiting lecturers and postdoctoral fellows.
Library and other resources
- The Queen Elizabeth II Library is one of the great strengths of Memorial University.
- The library is housed in a large, striking modern building and contains over a million books (plus one and a half million microforms).
- The collection is particularly rich in literature, philosophy, linguistics, folklore, and other subjects in the humanities. Carrel space is available for students in the humanities program.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Science and Technology
- Speaking & Writing
- Speaking & Writing
- Western Literature
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesHistory Philosophy & Ethics Literature View 36 other Masters in Literature in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Online application
- Official transcript(s) (must be submitted by post mail or courier)
- Two (2) letters of appraisal
- Non-refundable application fee
- Proof of English proficiency
- Additional requirements (may be required).
- Prerequisites may be necessary for your program of interest
International2148 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1074 CAD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National1652 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 826 CAD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.