The following ten research clusters represent particular concentrations of strength and focus, and can help connect you to the faculty members working in those areas: American, Canadian, Colonial and Postcolonial, Creative, Eighteenth and Nineteenth Centuries, Environmental and Energy Humanities, Medieval and Early Modern, Newfoundland and Labrador, North Atlantic, and Studies of Visual Narrative. The diversity of research interests among our faculty fosters a wonderfully vibrant and supportive research environment for all members of the Department, from faculty to students.
The MA program in English, at the Memorial University of Newfoundland, offers both course and thesis options. The course option can be completed in one year of full-time study while the thesis option can be completed in two years.
- The following nine research clusters represent particular concentrations of strength and focus, and can help connect you to the faculty members working in those areas.
- The diversity of research interests among our faculty fosters a wonderfully vibrant and supportive research environment for all members of the Department, from faculty to students
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Women’s Travel Literature
- Vortex of the Oath: Hawthorne, Melville, Violence
- Early Modern Print Culture and the Formation of the English Literary Canon
- Creative Writing: Playwrighting
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Online application
- Official transcript(s) (must be submitted by post mail or courier)
- Two (2) letters of appraisal
- Non-refundable application fee
- Proof of English proficiency
- Additional requirements (may be required).
- Prerequisites may be necessary for your program of interest
International2148 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1074 CAD per semester during 12 months.
National1652 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 826 CAD per semester during 12 months.
- National: $826-$1,707/semester
- International: $1,074-$2,218/semester
Living costs for St. John's
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.