The department is able to provide a flexible course of studies that caters to the individual needs and interests of students. Specific areas of strength are Roman Studies, including literary and cultural studies; Greek literature and historiography; and more broadly, the relation between literary texts and material culture within the various subdisciplines of classical studies.
At the Memorial University of Newfoundland, the Department of Classics offers an MA in Classics, with an emphasis on classical texts and research methods, which suitably prepared students may complete in two years of full-time study, normally beginning in September.
Areas of Specialty
Our strength is our diversity. Faculty and students in the Department of Classics study every aspect of the ancient Greek and Roman worlds.
- Greek and Roman social and political history
- Classical art, architecture and material culture
- Ancient science, medicine and technology
- Greek and Roman literature, especially Augustan poetry and New Comedy
- Textual criticism and literary theory
- Ancient philosophy
More informationVisit official programme website
- Seminar in Greek History and Society
- Seminar in Greek Literature and Culture
- Seminar in Roman History and Society
- Seminar in Roman Literature and Culture
- Latin Literature: Oratory
- Latin Literature: Epic, drama, didactic
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesGeneral Studies & Classics View 23 other Masters in General Studies & Classics in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Online application
- Official transcript(s) (must be submitted by post mail or courier)
- Two (2) letters of appraisal
- Non-refundable application fee
- Proof of English proficiency
- Additional requirements (may be required).
- Prerequisites may be necessary for your program of interest
International2148 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1074 CAD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National1652 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 826 CAD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Tuition (NL students): MA: $635-$953/semester
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.