At McMaster University we offer a master degree in Medical Sciences.
A research intensive program in biomedical and health-related fields, which prepares students for future careers in translational research relevant to human health. Ongoing interactions between basic scientists and clinical faculty within the program foster unique opportunities for translational research spanning multiple departments and disciplines.
Areas of Research
- Metabolism and Nutrition
- Blood and Vasculature
- Cancer and Genetics
- Infection and Immunity
More informationVisit official programme website
- Vascular Diseases, Haemostatis and Thrombosis II
- Independent Study in Medical Sciences
- 24 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
The application system will remain open from November until August for completed applications.
DisciplinesHealth Sciences View 122 other Masters in Health Sciences in Canada
- Honours Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- B+ (B- for Engineering) minimum average, based on a full year equivalent of final year courses (3rd/4th level) relevant to the program
- Each program may set additional/higher requirements
- Degrees and grades from foreign universities are evaluated for their equivalency to McMaster’s
- Departments or programs may establish additional requirements, such as scores on the Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
- Admission is competitive: meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee admission
- The admission decision is not subject to appeal
- Applicants who do not meet the above mentioned requirements, should consult the Graduate Calendar to determine the requirements for exceptional cases
International11396 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5698 CAD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National4204 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2102 CAD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.