A M.A.Sc. degree in Mechanical Engineering, offered by McMaster University, provides additional breadth and depth of knowledge, positioning graduates for technical leadership and specialization in industry, or to continue with a Ph.D. degree. M.A.Sc. candidates develop their skills in analysis, creative problem solving, critical thinking, experimental methods and/or analytical models, resourcefulness, responsibility and the ability to present their work to a variety of audiences.
All M.A.Sc. students are supervised by a faculty member from the department. The research areas of the faculty members include: biomechanics; manufacturing; mechanics and design; and thermofluids.
Areas of Research
- Mechanics and Design
- Thermo-fluid Sciences
More informationVisit official programme website
- Experimental and Computational Biomechanics
- Industrial Design
- Mechanical Vibrations
- Finite Element Applications
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMechanical Engineering View 38 other Masters in Mechanical Engineering in Canada
- Honours Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- B+ (B- for Engineering) minimum average, based on a full year equivalent of final year courses (3rd/4th level) relevant to the program
- Each program may set additional/higher requirements
- Degrees and grades from foreign universities are evaluated for their equivalency to McMaster’s
- Departments or programs may establish additional requirements, such as scores on the Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
- Admission is competitive: meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee admission
- The admission decision is not subject to appeal
- Applicants who do not meet the above mentioned requirements, should consult the Graduate Calendar to determine the requirements for exceptional cases
International11396 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5698 CAD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National4204 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2102 CAD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.