The MA program in Health and Aging, offered by the McMaster University, emphasizes the importance of formulating and conveying a critical analysis of contemporary issues and challenges with regard to health and/or aging. Students are encouraged to develop an independent program of research in health studies, aging studies or at the intersection of the two areas of study.
Areas of Research
- Social-cultural dimensions of health and/or aging
- Systems, services and policy
- Environments and inequalities
- Diversity and inclusion
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Social Science Perspectives on Health and Aging
- Quantitative Research Methods in Studies of Health and Aging
- Qualitative and Historical Methods in Studies of Health and Aging
- Critical Perspectives on Aging
- Critical Perspectives in Health & Society
- 24 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHealth Sciences View 184 other Masters in Health Sciences in Canada
- Honours Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- B+ (B- for Engineering) minimum average, based on a full year equivalent of final year courses (3rd/4th level) relevant to the program
- Each program may set additional/higher requirements
- Degrees and grades from foreign universities are evaluated for their equivalency to McMaster’s
- Departments or programs may establish additional requirements, such as scores on the Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
- Admission is competitive: meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee admission
- The admission decision is not subject to appeal
- Applicants who do not meet the above mentioned requirements, should consult the Graduate Calendar to determine the requirements for exceptional cases
International11396 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5698 CAD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National4204 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2102 CAD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.