This is facilitated by an interdisciplinary educational model that draws on faculty from across the faculties of Health Science, Science, and Social Science. The master degree in Health Research Methodology is offered by the McMaster University.
A research intensive program with the goal of equipping the graduates with research methods skills that enable them to "push the boundaries of knowledge" relevant to improving clinical practice (including medical education research), strengthening health systems and enhancing population health.
Areas of Research
- Clinical epidemiology
- Health services research
- Population and public health
- Health technology assessment
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Biostatistics
- Fundamentals of Health Research and Evaluation Methods
- Introduction to Research Methods for Randomized Controlled Trials
- Economic Analysis for the Evaluation of Health Services
- Introduction to Health Technology Assessment
- Systematic Review Methods
- 24 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHealth Management Health Sciences View 27 other Masters in Health Management in Canada
- Honours Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- B+ (B- for Engineering) minimum average, based on a full year equivalent of final year courses (3rd/4th level) relevant to the program
- Each program may set additional/higher requirements
- Degrees and grades from foreign universities are evaluated for their equivalency to McMaster’s
- Departments or programs may establish additional requirements, such as scores on the Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
- Admission is competitive: meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee admission
- The admission decision is not subject to appeal
- Applicants who do not meet the above mentioned requirements, should consult the Graduate Calendar to determine the requirements for exceptional cases
International8762 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4381 CAD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 CAD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.