This unique interdisciplinary M.A. program in Globalization Studies, at McMaster University is designed to provide its students with the specialist knowledge and transferable skills to pursue careers in global corporations, government agencies and non-governmental organizations.
It provides students with the opportunity to think creatively and critically about cultural, political, social and economic globalizing processes and their effects on the human condition. It also offers the benefit of a flexible and interdisciplinary course list while allowing for future study in a core discipline.Contemporary culture, diasporic, transnational and multicultural communities, global governance, international trade and finance, and social, environmental and labour issues
More informationVisit official programme website
- Topics in Globalization Studies I: Cultures of Globalization
- Acts of Global Citizenship
- Global Public Policy
- Religion and Globalization
- Globalization: An Introduction
- International Trade and Development
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Ethnic Studies Gender & Sexuality Studies View 11 other Masters in Ethnic Studies in Canada
- Honours Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- B+ (B- for Engineering) minimum average, based on a full year equivalent of final year courses (3rd/4th level) relevant to the program
- Each program may set additional/higher requirements
- Degrees and grades from foreign universities are evaluated for their equivalency to McMaster’s
- Departments or programs may establish additional requirements, such as scores on the Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
- Admission is competitive: meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee admission
- The admission decision is not subject to appeal
- Applicants who do not meet the above mentioned requirements, should consult the Graduate Calendar to determine the requirements for exceptional cases
International11396 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5698 CAD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
National4204 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2102 CAD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.