- an approach to computer science based on fundamental concepts that keep up with the rapid pace of technological progress;
- a programme taught entirely in English in order to improve students’ language skills, especially in technical English (both written and spoken);
- exchange programmes and dual degrees in Belgium, Europe and across the world.
Your future job
- scientists who know how to investigate a sharp problematic using scientific litterature in the field;
- professionals who will design computer systems that meet users’ needs;
- innovators who can master a wide range of constantly evolving technologies;
- specialists capable of implementing software solutions with particular attention paid to product quality and its development process.
This Master’s degree programme consists of
- required coursework that seeks to give students the necessary skills to model and design complex applications (which is an indispensable part of the education of all university-trained computer scientists);
- a major selected by students that allows them to gain cutting edge knowledge in a field of their interest: software engineering and programming systems, artificial intelligence and big data, networks and security;
- elective courses that allow students to explore their interests whether it be computer science or another discipline (management, business creation, languages). As a comprehensive university, UCL has numerous courses of study;
- a graduation project that makes up half of the programme during the last year. It offers students the possibility to study a subject in-depth and thanks to its size, introduces students to the professional life of a computer scientist or researcher; the topic of this project is selected in consultation with the programme supervisors and possibly a company.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Advanced Algorithms for Optimization
- Computational Linguistics
- Mining Patterns in Data
- Cloud Computing
- Combinatorial optimization
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Software Engineering View 13 other Masters in Computer Sciences in Belgium
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
1. an undergraduate (first-cycle) degree in the same field of study;
- 2. the same Master’s (second-cycle) degree, but with a different specialization (focus);
- 3. a long-cycle undergraduate or Master’s degree, in accordance with a decision by the academic authorities and subject to the additional requirements that they lay down;
- 4. a degree comparable to those mentioned above, awarded by a higher education institution, within or outside the French Community of Belgium, in accordance with a decision by the academic authorities and subject to the additional requirements that they lay down;
- 5. a short-cycle undergraduate degree, in accordance with a decision by the Government or the academic authorities and subject to the additional requirements that they lay down.
- 7. a degree obtained abroad and deemed equivalent to those mentioned above
International4175 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4175 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA835 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 835 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Louvain-la-Neuve
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.