- the study of computer science based on fundamental concepts, the value of which goes beyond rapidly evolving technology;
- a programme taught entirely in English to improve students’ language skills (technical written and spoken English);
- exchange programs and dual degrees in Belgium, Europe and throughout the world.
As with the Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering, this Master in Computer Science and Engineering from Université Catholique de Louvain (UCL) seeks to train well-rounded engineers by offering majors in related disciplines such as applied math, or electronics and communication.
Your future job
- scientists who know how to investigate a sharp problematic using scientific literrature in the field;
- professionals who will design information systems that correspond to user needs;
- innovators who can master a wide range of technology and record its progress;
- specialists capable of implementing software solutions with particular attention to product quality and the development process.
This Master’s degree consists of:
- a compulsory part providing the knowledge necessary to model and design complex applications
- a major of your choice that allows you to acquire cutting edge knowledge in an area of interest
- at the heart of computer sciences: artificial intelligence, computer networks, cryptography and information security, software engineering, and system programming;
- at the frontier with other engineering sciences: communication networks, applied mathematics and data science, biomedical engineering, and bioinformatics;
- beyond computer science: management and small and medium sized business creation;
- elective courses that allow you to focus your training on your areas of interest, whether they be computer science or any other discipline (electricity, management, business creation, languages);
- a graduation project (representing half your workload during the last year) offers the possibility to discuss a subject in-depth. Due to its size and scope, this project allows for an initiation into the working life of computer scientists and/or researchers. The project’s subject is selected in consultation with the programme heads and possibly a company.
- Advanced Algorithms for Optimization
- Computational Linguistics
- Constraint programming Machine learning : regression, deep networks and dimensionality reduction
- Image processing and computer vision
- Bioinformatics Cloud Computing
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesGeneral Engineering & Technology Computer Sciences Software Engineering View 56 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in Belgium
We are not aware of any specific GRE, GMAT or GPA grading score requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at UCLouvain and/or in Belgium, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- 1. an undergraduate (first-cycle) degree in the same field of study;
- 2. the same Master’s (second-cycle) degree, but with a different specialization (focus);
- 3. a long-cycle undergraduate or Master’s degree, in accordance with a decision by the academic authorities and subject to the additional requirements that they lay down;
- 4. a degree comparable to those mentioned above, awarded by a higher education institution, within or outside the French Community of Belgium, in accordance with a decision by the academic authorities and subject to the additional requirements that they lay down;
- 5. a short-cycle undergraduate degree, in accordance with a decision by the Government or the academic authorities
- 7. a degree obtained abroad and deemed equivalent to those mentioned above, in accordance with this Decree, a European directive, an international convention or other legislation, subject to the same requirements.
International2505 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2505 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA835 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 835 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Louvain-la-Neuve
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
In order for us to give you accurate scholarship information, we ask that you please confirm a few details and create an account with us.
Below you will find Master's scholarship opportunities for Computer Science and Engineering.
You are eligible to apply for these scholarships but a selection process will still be applied by the provider.