- the study of computer science based on fundamental concepts, the value of which goes beyond rapidly evolving technology;
- a programme taught entirely in English to improve students’ language skills (technical written and spoken English);
- exchange programs and dual degrees in Belgium, Europe and throughout the world.
As with the Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering, this Master in Computer Science and Engineering from Université Catholique de Louvain (UCL) seeks to train well-rounded engineers by offering majors in related disciplines such as applied math, or electronics and communication.
Your future job
- scientists who know how to investigate a sharp problematic using scientific literrature in the field;
- professionals who will design information systems that correspond to user needs;
- innovators who can master a wide range of technology and record its progress;
- specialists capable of implementing software solutions with particular attention to product quality and the development process.
This Master’s degree consists of:
- a compulsory part providing the knowledge necessary to model and design complex applications
- a major of your choice that allows you to acquire cutting edge knowledge in an area of interest
- at the heart of computer sciences: artificial intelligence, computer networks, cryptography and information security, software engineering, and system programming;
- at the frontier with other engineering sciences: communication networks, applied mathematics and data science, biomedical engineering, and bioinformatics;
- beyond computer science: management and small and medium sized business creation;
- elective courses that allow you to focus your training on your areas of interest, whether they be computer science or any other discipline (electricity, management, business creation, languages);
- a graduation project (representing half your workload during the last year) offers the possibility to discuss a subject in-depth. Due to its size and scope, this project allows for an initiation into the working life of computer scientists and/or researchers. The project’s subject is selected in consultation with the programme heads and possibly a company.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Algorithms for Optimization
- Computational Linguistics
- Constraint programming Machine learning : regression, deep networks and dimensionality reduction
- Image processing and computer vision
- Bioinformatics Cloud Computing
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesGeneral Engineering & Technology Computer Sciences Software Engineering View 53 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in Belgium
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- 1. an undergraduate (first-cycle) degree in the same field of study;
- 2. the same Master’s (second-cycle) degree, but with a different specialization (focus);
- 3. a long-cycle undergraduate or Master’s degree, in accordance with a decision by the academic authorities and subject to the additional requirements that they lay down;
- 4. a degree comparable to those mentioned above, awarded by a higher education institution, within or outside the French Community of Belgium, in accordance with a decision by the academic authorities and subject to the additional requirements that they lay down;
- 5. a short-cycle undergraduate degree, in accordance with a decision by the Government or the academic authorities
- 7. a degree obtained abroad and deemed equivalent to those mentioned above, in accordance with this Decree, a European directive, an international convention or other legislation, subject to the same requirements.
International4175 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4175 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA835 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 835 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Louvain-la-Neuve
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.