Your future job
Mathematical engineers are present in all industrial sectors: industrial chemistry, pharmaceutical and food industries, electronics and telecommunications, energy, metallurgy, aeronautics, civil engineering, mass distribution, banking or consulting services, nanotechnologies and medical technology.They play a role in research and development, oversee production or management and work in marketing and sales (of high tech products).We find them in departments of finance, computer science, training and quality control, in the public sector, higher education and in the Minister of equipment and transport (www.fabi.be)
This Master in Mathematical Engineering from Université Catholique de Louvain (UCL) offers you:
- training in mathematical modelling in all areas of engineering sciences;
- flexibility when it comes to building your programme (major and elective courses compose more than half of the programme);
- the opportunity to complete part of the programme abroad or at KULeuven;
- via complementary modules, direct access to the second year Master’s degree programme in general statistics, biostatistics or actuarial sciences.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Quantitative Energy Economics
- Game theory
- Operational Research
- Optimization : Nonlinear programming
- Combinatorial optimization
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesMathematics General Engineering & Technology View 53 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in Belgium
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- 1. an undergraduate (first-cycle) degree in the same field of study;
- 2. the same Master’s (second-cycle) degree, but with a different specialization (focus);
- 3. a long-cycle undergraduate or Master’s degree, in accordance with a decision by the academic authorities and subject to the additional requirements that they lay down;
- 4. a degree comparable to those mentioned above, awarded by a higher education institution, within or outside the French Community of Belgium, in accordance with a decision by the academic authorities and subject to the additional requirements that they lay down;
- 5. a short-cycle undergraduate degree, in accordance with a decision by the Government or the academic authorities
- 6. a degree obtained abroad and deemed equivalent to those mentioned above, in accordance with this Decree, a European directive, an international convention or other legislation, subject to the same requirements.
International4175 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4175 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA835 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 835 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Louvain-la-Neuve
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.