Upon completion of this Master in Biomedical Engineering from Université Catholique de Louvain (UCL), you will have fundamental knowledge in all areas of biomedical engineering (bioinstrumentation, biomaterials, imaging and medical physics, mathematical modelling, artificial organs and rehabilitation, bioinformatics and biomechanics) as well as cutting edge knowledge of one or more major fields of study.
This Master’s degree offers:
- Knowledge of the main scientific and industrial issues in the fields of applied biomedical engineering;
- Classes that emphasize theories and practice to develop advanced professional knowledge;
- The choice of one of more major fields of study in biomedical engineering;
- The chance to complete an internship in a hospital, in industry or in a research centre;
- The possibility of completing part of your master’s degree abroad (in Europe or elsewhere) and in certain cases the granting of a dual master’s degree (diploma granted jointly by UCLouvain and the institution where you studied abroad).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Applied Econometrics
- Data Analysis
- Statistical quality control.
- Statistics in clinical trials.
- Strategy of the medical decision
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Biology View 18 other Masters in Biology in Belgium
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- This programme is taught in English with no prerequisite in French. The student is supposed to have at least a B2 level in the European Framework of Reference. A certificate is required for the holders of a non-Belgian degree
- The matching between the content of prior degrees and this reference curriculum does not need to be perfect but the acquired skills must be similar. The obtained prior degree must be at least corresponding to a bachelor degree delivered in a country of the European Union (i.e., 180 ECTS credits and a minimum of three years of study after a high school degree)
- For non-EU diplomas, given the variety of training programs and course contents, studies of at least four years after the secondary school diploma are required. The holders of a professional license degree, a DUT or a DEUA are not eligible because these studies deviate excessively from the aforementioned reference curriculum.
- A selection interview may be organized.
International4175 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4175 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA835 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 835 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Louvain-la-Neuve
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.