The Master in Business Engineering from Université Catholique de Louvain (UCL) is a programme that develops the skills and expertise necessary for the dialogue between management professions and science- and technology-oriented professions in public or private, commercial or non-commercial organisations. In addition to training in economics and management and quantitative methods, it aims to boost knowledge in science (physics and chemistry) and technologies (energy, electronics and telecommunications, mechanics and procedures).At the end of this programme (including a required work placement in a company or research centre and an optional foreign exchange), the graduate will have developed the skills and knowhow that will allow him to master the complex and varied issues that businesses and industries encounter in managing knowledge, occupations, skills and processes at a strategic or logistical level. He will also be specialised in one or more areas of management:
- functional: human management, marketing, finance, accounting, operations and logistics, information systems and ICT, strategy and innovation, etc.
- or transversal: operational, tactical or strategic levels.
IntroductionThe exit profile of the Master in Business Engineering graduate is specified by the LSM competency framework (www.lsmcompetencyframework.be) with in particular:
- an academic education centred on training in economics and management, quantitative methods, science (physics and chemistry) and technologies (energy, electronics and telecommunications, mechanics and procedures),
- priority given to the following skills:
- Acting as a socially responsible participant,
- Mastering knowledge,
- Managing a project,
- Innovating and taking action,
- Applying a scientific approach.
- possibility of developing some of these skills in greater depth through his choice of options, tracks, thesis, work placement and exchange.
- EQUIS accreditation – international recognition of the quality of our educational programmea nd research facilities
- the only Belgian partner of CEMS (Global Alliance in Management Education); the CEMS-MIM programme ranked 2nd worldwide by the Financial Times
- member of the PIM alliance.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Final Master's Thesis
- Master's Thesis Seminar
- Internship and familiarization seminar to the world of work
- Regenerative Economy
- Social and Sustainable Entrepreneurship
- Strategic Management of Start ups
- International Entrepreneurship
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesBusiness Administration General Engineering & Technology View 53 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in Belgium
- Holders of a bachelor's degree from long type belgian non-university higher education in commercial engineering may, after analysis of the file by the jury and only if they have an average of at least 67% for the 3 years of bachelor's degree, access the Master's degree in business engineering, with maybe an additional teaching unit (EU) in "mathématiques avancées et fondement d'économétrie"
- an undergraduate (first-cycle) degree in the same field of study;
- the same Master’s (second-cycle) degree, but with a different specialization (focus);
- a long-cycle undergraduate or Master’s degree, in accordance with a decision by the academic authorities and subject to the additional requirements that they lay down;
International4175 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4175 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA835 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 835 EUR per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Louvain-la-Neuve
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.