Graduates from the Forest and Nature Management programme at the University of Copenhagenare sought-after, and the programme offers plenty of opportunities for making a career in Denmark or internationally.
If you choose this programme, you acquire competencies which:
- Enable you to manage the forest and natural areas in a way which does not impact the environment and the climate
- Prepare you for advising and managing companies engaging in production based on natural resources in a way which offers a financial profit as well as takes the environment into account
- Enable you to contribute, by means of legislation, to find a sustainable balance between ecology, economy and the global community’s need and the requirement for forest and natural areas
Graduates from the MSc programme in Forest and Nature Management find employment in both the public and private sectors and can work with forestry, nature and the environment worldwide, for instance:
- As a head of section or head of division in a ministry, e.g. the Danish Ministry of the Environment.
- As a nature and environmental manager in the municipalities.
- As a manager of nature restoration projects.
- With sustainable management and project management in private companies, e.g. within corporate social responsibility (CSR).
- As a project manager in consultancy firms.
- As a forest supervisor or master of forestry in a private forest or state forest district.
- As a forestry consultant on private forest properties in Denmark and abroad.
- Within research and education at universities and other institutions of higher education.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Thematic Course: Ecology and Management of Forests and Other Semi-Natural Terrestrial Ecosystems
- Conflict Management
- Natural Resource Sampling and Modelling
- Forest and Nature Management Planning
- Applied Economics of Forest and Nature
- Project Management
- Business Development and Innovation
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesNatural Resource Management View 3 other Masters in Natural Resource Management in Denmark
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
If you hold one of the degrees listed below, you are considered to meet all academic requirements.
- BSc in Natural Resources with the specialisation in Nature Management from the University of Copenhagen
- BSc in Natural Resources with either the specialisation in Nature Managment, Environmental Science or the specialisation in Environmental Economics from the University of Copenhagen.
- Professional Bachelor' degree in Forest and Landscape Engineering from the University of Copenhagen.
Other bachelor’s degrees
- If you have a bachelor’s degree other than those listed above, you must submit additional documentation along with your application so the University can evaluate whether or not you meet the admission requirements
International14780 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7390 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Tuition fee: DKK 55,000 per semester
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.