The Department of Mathematics at the University of Trento aims at training professional mathematicians to pursue the study of scientific and technological problems by mathematical methods, and at undertaking research in various branches of the subject.
The Department covers all main fields of Modern Mathematics, from Algebra to Geometry, Analysis, Probability and Statistics, Mathematical Physics and Numerical Analysis, and has earned an outstanding reputation for excellence in the application of fields such as: Biomedicine (e.g. modeling of the cardiovascular system), Biomathematics (e.g. vaccination strategies against pandemics), and Data Security (e.g. error-correcting codes used in critical applications such as in train signaling).
Graduates of the Mathematics programme at the University of Trento are welcomed by national and international companies where they can apply their skills in mathematics and critical thinking. They usually find a job within three months and a half after graduation (Almalaurea).
According to the curriculum and activities chosen, graduates will be able to work in companies and industry, laboratories and research centers, scientific culture dissemination field, services and Public Administration.
Flexible thinking, computational and computer science competences, familiarity with management analysis and treatment of numerical data make them excellent candidates in several fields, e.g. computer science, cryptography, finance, engineering, medical science, communication, scientific and academic research.
In particular, graduates can carry out expert work as application technicians and statistical technicians. They are also fit for the professions of statistical mathematicians and for most of the profiles in Information Technologies.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- General Advanced Mathematics
- Advanced Algebra and Geometry
- Calculus of Variations, Partial Differential Equations and Dynamical Systems
- Mathematics for Data Science
- Modelling, Statistics and Analysis of Biosystems
- Modelling and Simulation for Biomedical Applications
- Modelling, Statistics and Analysis in Mathematical Finance
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- February for non-EU citizens living outside Italy
- From June to November: rolling admission for EU citizens and non-EU citizens regularly living in Italy
DisciplinesPhysics Mathematics Applied Mathematics View 7 other Masters in Applied Mathematics in Italy
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor degree (or equivalent) in Mathematics or related fields
- Strong background in Mathematics
- English at B1 level of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages
International1000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1000 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA340 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 340 EUR per year during 24 months.
- EU: 340€ - 3.400€ (based on income/merit)
- Non-EU: 1.000€ - 4.500€ (based on merit)
Living costs for Trento
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.