The multidisciplinary organization of MEIS enables students to develop a deeper and broader understanding of the transformations taking place in the European and international contexts. MEIS is based on a mixture of teaching methods, which is believed to be the best balance to merge a thorough understanding of theoretical issues with the ability to apply them in real-life situations.
The European and International Studies program from University of Trento fosters a stimulating learning environment. The School regularly organises conferences, debates, careers talks and fairs, along with a lively series of guest lectures and seminars held by academics of international standing and professionals working in distinguished international organizations.
The MEIS prepares students for careers in both the public and private sectors. MEIS Graduates will acquire the necessary skills and competences
- to hold positions of responsibility within national and international institutions engaged in European and international affairs and private enterprises operating in international markets;
- to work for governmental and non-governmental organisations engaged in areas such as human rights, environmental protection, institution-building, project management, etc.;
- to contribute to research and dissemination activities in think tanks and research institutes;
- to prepare for careers in diplomatic services.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Principles of International Economics
- Elements of International and European Union Law
- European and International Politics
- Contemporary History
- Quantitative Methods in Social Sciences
- English Language
- Workshop in German, Spanish or French
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- February for non-EU citizens living outside Italy
- June for EU citizens and non-EU citizens regularly living in Italy
DisciplinesInternational Relations European Studies Political Science View 23 other Masters in Political Science in Italy
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) including at least 60 ECTS from at least two of the following discipline areas: Economics, History, Philosophy, Law, Political Science, Sociology or Foreign Languages
- English at B2+ level (upper intermediate) of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages
- Basic knowledge of a second foreign language among the following: Arabic, Chinese, French, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, German
International1000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1000 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA340 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 340 EUR per year during 24 months.
- EU: 340€ - 3.400€ (based on income/merit)
- Non-EU: 1.000€ - 4.500€ (based on merit)
Living costs for Trento
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.