The Psychology (Industrial-Organizational Psychology) program of University of Guelph studies topics as: recruitment and selection systems, motivation, employee development, teams, performance management and reward systems, fair workplace practices, leadership, and employee well-being.
The I-O Psychology field at the University of Guelph was developed based on the graduate training recommendations of the Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology (SIOP) and the Canadian equivalent (CSIOP). The field is unique in Canada because of our balanced approach to graduate education - we highly value both the research and practice in our field and recognize their interrelated role in the profession.
Graduate students develop the skills they need to conduct top quality research by working closely with faculty, who have a variety of active research programs, and by completing an integrated series of courses. Our faculty are leading-edge scholars conducting exciting basic and applied research and our graduate students have a strong record of winning research and thesis awards. In short, our faculty and graduates are working to extend our understanding of psychological phenomena in the workplace and to use this knowledge to improve productivity and the quality of life at work.
Are you interested in:
- Employee stress and well-being
- Inequality in organizations
- Trust across individuals and in teams
- Understanding interview anxiety
- Exploring how organizations manage job performance
- Assessing selection systems for organizations
- Academic or non-academic
- Management consulting
- Human resources
- Applied research
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research Design and Statistics
- Psychological Applications of Multivariate Analysis
- Research Methods
- Consulting in Industrial/Organizational Psychology
- Industrial/Organizational Psychology
- Recruitment and Selection: Methods and Outcomes
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Organisational Behaviour View 100 other Masters in Psychology in Canada
- Honours Psychology Degree and write the General GRE (Graduate Records Exam)
- The GRE Subject test (Psychology GRE) is recommended.
- Because of the research-intensive nature of our program we are most interested in students with a strong background in research methods and statistics.
International13674 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6837 CAD per semester during 24 months.
National4754 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2377 CAD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Guelph
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.