The European Studies program of University of Guelph aims to provide students with a flexible approach to European Studies that allows for specialization within a core discipline and promotes expertise in European culture, history, and contemporary politics and society.
In the European Studies MA, you will:
- Develop a program of study customized to your research interests
- Work with faculty who are leaders in European Studies
- Develop the ability to look at world issues through a variety of lenses
- Develop critical thinking, communication and analytical skills relevant to your career goals
- Gain intercultural understanding both during your study at the University of Guelph and through international experiences
- Engage in dynamic classroom and research experiences which will help you develop relevant, applicable and valued skills
Are you interested in
- European history, culture and politics
- Europe in relation to other continents or Europe in a global world
- Identity formation (e.g. minority, national, gender)
- Nationalism and internationalism
- Interplay between culture and politics
- Government Ministries/Civil Service/International Organizations
- Private Sector with ties to Europe
- International Education
- Arts Administration
- European Identities
- Research Methods
- Myth, Fairy Tales and Modern European Identities
- Women and the Arts in Europe: Seeking Expression
- Europe and the Discourse of Civilization
- European integration and the EU
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies European Studies View 4 other Masters in European Studies in Canada
- Honours degree from a recognized institution with at least a B+ average in the last four full-time semesters of study.
- A reading competence in a European language in addition to English is recommended.
- The official application form
- A detailed up-to-date curriculum vitae.
- A one-page statement of research (letter of intent) outlining your reasons for applying to this program.
- A sample of writing that displays your aptitude for research and analytical thinking (approx. 2,500 words).
- Two letters of recommendation.
International15332 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7666 CAD per semester during 24 months.
National6412 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3206 CAD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Guelph
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.