The graduates will possess the basic competence in the fields of human and social sciences, a good command of information technology and of statistical techniques indispensable for a correct interpretation of tourism trends and of taste changes of the tourist population. The Master program provides legislative, historical and geographical knowledge useful for enhancing the values of the resources and of the cultural heritage of a territory. Moreover, the knowledge of a second foreign language different from English is provided.
The Design of Sustainable Tourism Systems program at University of Florence deals with topics related with the sustainable management of natural, cultural and historical resources. The remarkable growth of tourism requires considerable planning activities by both the public and private sectors in order to maximise economic returns while containing the potential negative impacts on the environment.
This master (second level degree) program belongs to the class LM-49 Progettazione e gestione dei sistemi turistici. In Italy, as far as the legal value of the qualification, this class is considered different from the classes LM-56 Scienza dell'economia and LM-77 Scienze economico-aziendali.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Economic History of Tourism
- Travel and Tourism Contracts
- Business Demography
- Environment and Landscape Geography
- Sustainable Tourism for Local System Development
- Agri-food Economics
- Financial Markets and Institutions
- Food Quality and Analytical Control
- New Technologies and Environmental Chemistry
- Statistical Methodologies for Tourism
- Statistical Information Systems – Advanced Level
- Economic Statistics for Tourism
- Social Statistics – Advanced Level
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesDesign Sustainable Development Tourism & Leisure View 19 other Masters in Tourism & Leisure in Italy
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
In order to apply for pre-enrolment applicants must hold:
- First cycle (bachelor's) and single cycle degree (combined bachelor's/master's) programmes - school leaving qualification that in the country where they got it entitles them to enrol in the same university programme indicated on the application form. School leaving qualification must have been conferred on completion of minimum 12 years of previous global schooling.
- Second cycle (master's) degree programmes - a first cycle or a single cycle degree awarded by an Italian or a foreign University, that allows, in the awarding country, the continuation of studies to the next level.
The total amount of enrolment charges and tuition fees vary from €156 to about €2650.
Living costs for Florence
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.