The Master of the International Relations and Diplomacy offered at the University Teknologi Mara combines key concepts and ideas with applied knowledge and practices in the fields of international relations and diplomacy to achieve this objective.
The curriculum is designed and developed through extensive consultation with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, other public and private sector agencies and observations of former diplomats to enhance students’ knowledge and understanding of the key forces driving national and international developments today and in the future.
The core courses provide for generic competencies while the electives allow candidates to acquire specialized knowledge and skills in their area of interest and preferences. The dissertation will allow candidates to demonstrate their ability to undertake research on issues and problems related to their field of interest or that of their respective organisations.
- Research Method & Data Analysis
- International Relations: Theory and Practice
- Diplomacy: Theory and Practice
- International Law and Organisations: Theory and Practice
- Diplomacy, Security and Cooperation in ASEAN
- International Political Economy in a Globalised World
- Seminar in Contemporary Issues in International Relations & Diplomacy
- Seminar in Global Affairs
- Regionalism & Regional Organisations: Theory And Practice
- International Relations in the Post Cold War Era
- ASEAN's Interaction with Major & Regional Powers
- Malaysian in International Relations
- International Conflict Management & Conflict Resolution
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Relations International Business Political Science View 12 other Masters in International Relations in Malaysia
- Bachelor of Science (Hons.) from UiTM in a related and appropriate area of specialization with minimum CGPA of 2.75; OR
- Bachelor's degree or its equivalent from other recognized universities approved by UiTM with minimum CGPA of 2.75.
- A candidate applying for admission into this programme is required to submit a research proposal to the faculty. The acceptance of a candidate shall be at the discretion of the UiTM Senate, whose decision shall be final
International1670 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 835 EUR per semester during 18 months.
- International Tuition Fees Per Semester (RM): 3,940
Living costs for Kuala Lumpur
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.