The Institute offers degrees in all areas of chemistry, including biochemistry, analytical, inorganic, organic, physical and theoretical chemistry.
Prospective students enroll at the university where their research supervisor is located. Several graduate students also conduct their research off campus under the supervision of one of the Institute’s adjunct professors.
As a graduate student in the Chemistry program at Carleton University, you will become part of a vibrant network of scientists and have the opportunity to engage in some of the world-class research conducted at Carleton.
We have developed strong links with government departments such as Health Canada, Environment Canada, Natural Resources Canada, Agriculture Canada, the National Science Library and the National Research Council and its library. Ottawa is also home to world-class hospitals and medical research facilities and high tech organizations. These offer endless research opportunities and, down the road, career opportunities.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Analytical Mass Spectrometry
- Multinuclear Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy
- Solid State NMR Spectroscopy
- NMR Spectroscopy
- Physical Organic Chemistry
- Introduction to Photochemistry
- Supercritical Fluids.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before
DisciplinesChemistry View 57 other Masters in Chemistry in Canada
- An honours BSc degree in chemistry, with a B+ average in the last two years and a B average overall.
- Applicants who do not meet this requirement, or whose undergraduate degree is in another closely related degree may be accepted into the program, but may be assigned extra courses.
International15058 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15058 CAD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National6590 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6590 CAD per year and a duration of 24 months.
- National: $6,590 – $8,388
- International: $15,058 – $21,448
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.