The study of Psychology at the University of Basel is committed to an evidence-based, science-based psychology in research and teaching with the ultimate goal of improving human well-being. She understands humans as a complex bio-psycho-social being, which develops, acts in and shapes different life and work environments. The study of psychology conveys the ability to perform diagnostic, advisory and evaluative tasks in health and social work, in education and training, in administration, business and industry. Research methods can be used safely and empirical data can be appropriately statistically evaluated. In addition to subject-specific content, students gain personal and social skills in internships and group work,
Psychologists work inter alia in school psychological services, in educational and vocational counseling, in child and adult protection authorities, in guardianship, in the prison system as well as in adult education and in clinical health care (prevention, therapy and rehabilitation). In business you will find them in the areas of work organization, organizational development, marketing, training support, personnel selection and consulting.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Clinical Psychology and Neuroscience
- Social, economic and decision-making psychology
- Personality and developmental psychology
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The admission to the master’s degree program follows a motion presented by the examination commission of the faculty, in which it recommends to the rectorate to either allow or deny the admission.
- In the event that a bachelor’s degree only partially fulfills the requirements listed in the master’s study regulations, the admission can be issued contingent on the student taking certain classes in the bachelor degree program.
International1596 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 798 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA1596 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 798 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
- CHF 850 per semester
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.